Tuesday, July 11

Name Calling Crisis

I was reading an MSNBC article on the bombings in Mumbai, India, today (inna Lillahi wa inna Ilayhi raji`un/certainly we are from Allah and to Him is our return).

The bombing, as has been decided by U.S. counterterrorism (since we're experts on terrorism and India wouldn't know apples from oranges), " 'more likely than not' [is] the work of Lashkar e Taiba, the Kashmir separatist group..."

If you visit the article link, you'll find at the center of the page the following:







India has yet to report links to the-organization-whose-name-must-not-be-written-spoken-or-heard-by-brown-ppl, but NBC (an embedded expert on terrorism within U.S. counterterrorism?) knows better. So wait a minute; If someone calls me a terrorist, further insisting (since I do that head covering thing) that somehow I must be linked to the-organization-whose-name-must-not-be-written-spoken-or-heard-by-brown-ppl, it is the same as calling me a Kashmiri separatist group member? Oh. Good to know. Thanks, Experts! I know I can always count on you to help me through my day!

PS For a more accurate report, here's the link to an article from Reuters India.

No comments: